Saturday, August 2, 2008

Long Live the Cake

I surprised Nicole with her seahorse birthday cake at Tiger Bar about two hours ago. It went well, everyone liked it, mission accomplished. There was about 2/3 of the cake left, so Nicole took it with her.

I wanted to ride home with them, so I stuck the bike in the trunk of Nicole's car and hopped in the back. We get onto the Broadway bridge, and I ask Heather, "So how's that seahorse doing on your lap?"

Heather: What?
Me: The cake. You've got it, right?
Heather: No.
Nicole: I put it on the roof.
*silence*

Heather: Seriously, I don't have the cake.
Nicole: Seriously, I put it on the roof of the car.

Nicole slows down, but we can't stop because we're in the middle of rush hour traffic, mid-bridge. So I roll down the window, hold onto the seat back and climb out while we're driving.
It's on the roof.
I pick up the butcher knife off the cake pan, and hand it down to Heather, through her window.
I pick up the cake, and pass it through the window.
I get back in the car, and we almost wreck because we are laughing so hard.

Meanwhile, there's a Trimet bus behind us to the right to witness the whole spectacle. Obviously the passengers are amused. But NOT the bus driver, who pulls up next to us and says, "That was really stupid! Was that worth your life?!"

I reply, "Did you see that cake!? Fuck yeah it was worth my life!" and roll up the window, victorious.

No comments: