Monday, August 18, 2008

Tore Up From the Floor Up

I am covered in bruises. I keep finding new ones. There are scratches down my leg. All my muscles are sore. I feel great.

I always have this grand intention of detailing all the rad shit I've done lately, but this weekend is too much. Let me sum up.

- Adult Soapbox Derby. Started drinking at 10 AM, didn't stop until 2 AM the following day. Rode Nate/Smiley/KRS/Jay's soapbox car down the back of Mt. Tabor with no brakes or steering. Took over 400 pictures. Biked to the AB house on JK's dangerous 2-wheeled whip with a backpack full of beer. Watched Alison eat shit in the front yard while attempting a wheelie, drunk. Missed KRS going through the windshield of the soapbox car. Exploded a bottle of Dr. Pepper all over myself and JK in the AB kitchen, covering every surface in a four foot radius with soda. Then escalated a food fight with him at the Mexican restaurant we later rallied to after stealing an avacado. Camera battery dead, no further photo documentation. Phone dead, no further communication.

- Woke up on the couch and put back on the clothes I wore Saturday, still faintly smelling like beer and whiskey and soda. Drank bloody marys. Bussed home in the million-degree heat. Marveled at how incredible my photos turned out. Spent 45 minutes fighting with my bike, trying to make it to the show at the Jolly Inn. Subsequently smashed my thumb between the kickstand and the chain, now I only have 9 functioning fingers. Lost the rest of my voice yelling Whiskey Stitches into the mic with Lucas. Watched Alison get topless for MDC. Paid $0 for alcohol and still left smashed. Biked to Holmans, trying not to run into parked cars. Partied like a rockstar. Bussed home at 6 AM.

I'm exhausted. I'm going back to bed.
Photo updates to follow.

No comments: