Friday, August 8, 2008

Dolly For President

Dolly Parton is the most amazing human being on the entire planet. I love her entirely. She is perfect and beautiful and talented and kind-hearted and humble and funny as hell. Nicole and I decided that hearing her giggle is so overwhelmingly heart-stoppingly adorable that it makes us want to stab ourselves in the ear just so it's the last thing we'll ever hear.

Kristy scored us awesome seats once we got to her show tonight at the Rose Garden. Nicole and I pretty much sat mesmerized and emotionally riveted during her totally incredible performance.
She played The Grass is Blue which is one of my favorite songs off my favorite album. She sang Little Sparrow and melted hearts. She sang Coat of Many Colors and made us all cry.

Me and Nicole call her The Big D, but she's really only 5 feet tall and is really tiny. How that voice and passion comes out of something so small is astounding and beautiful.

Her career has spanned five decades, has had over 110 career charted singles, and over 50 albums. She is a living legend.
Dolly Parton is 62 years old. I hope I am a fraction as positive, driven, witty, and amazing as her when I reach that age.

Dolly for President shirts will be made soon.

In case I haven't made myself clear, I love Dolly and want to bottle her and carry her around in my pocket for all time.
Go to Youtube and type in her name. Watch and fall in love. Or just fast forward to exactly two minutes into this song, hear her giggle and then kill yourself because it gets no better.



The end.

No comments: