Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tour Update - San Diego

Got to San Diego the night before last, delirious from lack of medication, food and sleep and excess of alcohol. Was literally unable to complete sentences or basic tasks and actually cried because I couldn't do anything. Luke got me food and I was fine in like 3 minutes. I'm an idiot.

Left San Diego this afternoon after seeing my family for a hot minute while the boys got drunk and sunburned in Ocean Beach.

Went down some seriously scary mountain roads. Had a belligerent semi driver try and pass us and his rear tire blew out right as he did it. Fuckin rocked our van damn near off the road and probably over a ten thousand foot cliff.

Got stopped by Arizona border patrol who opted to tear the van apart, complete with dogs, while we were individually searched. Smiley pulled about 35 cigarette butts out of his pocket, at which point I completely lost my shit and almost cried laughing. They didn't find anything, to their great dismay, because apparently My New Vice is the only rock band they've seen without drugs in their whip or on their person. Haha. Suckers.

Got like 10 blocks from our Phoenix destination and drove past a seriously gnarly accident, complete with a dead body.

Luke was a stress case, obviously, because he drove the whole way.
Luke, pissed: "Dude, if we idle here we're gonna fuckin overheat."
Damien, smartass: "Luke needs coolant ."

My road rash wounds and body-wide bruises are painful and ugly and gross and definitely gonna leave some marks. Luke just walked by and said I look like I got attacked by a fucking shark.

Smiley is sitting next to me, wasted and blogging on my laptop. He's reading it outloud and I'm cracking up. Go read the My New Vice blog. Its worth it. Before he sobers up tomorrow and makes some courteous adjustments to his current shit-talk.

We're at Ben's house in Phoenix. I think we'll be here for a few days. Hopefully we don't die of heat stroke.




Thanks for the injuries, LA.

No comments: