Sunday, December 21, 2008

Now we just need to get her a sled to pull.

Ok, so last night after we got back to the house I let Punkie out to do her business before we went to bed.

Punkie hates the snow even more than I do. Probably because she's only like 6 inches tall and has barely any fur and hates being cold. She'll generally just stand there and shake and won't do anything else when she goes outside in inclement weather. So last night I was justifiably concerned about letting her out in the middle of the blizzard.

When I brought her out there (in her sweater I made out of one of my socks) I cleared a part of the yard so she could stand there mostly on the grass and not freeze.
And what does she do?

She climbs out of the area I made her.
Into the snow.
And I'm waiting for it, waiting for her to fall into it and be buried and for me to have to run over there and save her.
But you know what happened?

The fucking dog is so small and light, she just ran across the barely-frozen snow surface and didn't even break through. Like a mosquito on the surface of a pond, or fucking Jesus walking on water. Punkie pranced right down the street on top of about 7 inches of snow on her tiny little chihuahua feet, peed in the middle of the sidewalk, then ran back to the porch, up the stairs and inside. I just stood there, crying I was laughing so fucking hard.

On that note:

No comments: