Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Midterm Magic

I took my Mineralogy midterm today. Despite the fact that I studied my ass off, I still found myself hit with some seriously obnoxious curve-balls I was not expecting. So rather than leave blank spaces where correct answers should be, I utilized the space available to write short witty essays outlining why I deserve credit without actually answering the question. Such as:


"Ideally, I would know what all those numbers and letters stand for. Unfortunately, I mis-allocated my study time for this midterm by arguing with my friend over the classification of block-models for too long, so I'm at a loss here. However, I think I should get some courtesy points based on the fact that I so diligently applied myself to learning other super important facets of mineral classification. That's worth some points, definitely. Also, I think you're great. +1 point, right there. This section is now filled with text, so the defense rests. :)"


In all of my smart-ass life, it wasn't until the last year I started leaving snarky comments/paragraphs on my exams. I have no clue why I didn't start doing this waaaaaay sooner. I mean, really. If I don't know the answer, I can leave a big empty spot on the page that implies I am neither intelligent NOR creative... or I can put something funny, in which case I at LEAST get a laugh and maybe some pity points to boot.

I can't wait to get the test back. Josh will actually have gotten an A, and I'll probably just have a note that says "see me after class." Hahaha.

No comments: