Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I have been domesticated, Vol 2.


Last night I spent two hours cooking like $50 worth of food I bought. Jaden and I have meals to eat through the end of the weekend, easily. I made stuffed bell peppers, steak and potatoes with sautéed onions and jalapeños, asparagus and garlic bread and rice, etc. The fridge is full of food. It's kind of amazing.


NWNatural shut our gas off yesterday and I've opted to just leave it off (because it's June anyway, fuck that shit). But it's cold today, so I scored a RIDICULOUS quantity of (untreated) wood for free off craigslist. Which I totally filled my car with:




Sort of like when I was doing that epic gardening project last month and had my entire car full of rhododendron bushes and about 400 lbs of soil.


My Kia is a truck if I say it's a truck.


Anyway, Jaden helped me load it all up and now we have a nice cozy fire in our living room. Ta-da!


You should probably come over and watch movies with us, and drink hot cocoa and sit in front of it tonight. Just sayin'

No comments: